I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I got such a great response from my last post with Christmas DIYs and Instagram pictures, that I thought I’d do an update of what we were up to this week!
Can you believe Christmas is only 10 days away?! I really can’t! So much to do and so little time!
If you want to see more behind the scenes photos, follow me on Instagram!
1) Ugh, excuse the hat hair, but: We finally got our tree!!! We were out running errands and stopped at Walmart. Would you believe that they had trees for $13?!? And GORGEOUS trees, none the less. It was such a bargain and we were so happy to get a real tree. Nothing beats the smell of them, I can handle a few pine needles 😉
2) So, after we put away the groceries and got settled, we got a nice fire started in the stove, and made some Hot Buttered Rum to sip on while decorating the tree. It really got me in the Christmas spirit, and the nice warm beverage hit the spot after being out in the cold all day! (HOT BUTTERED RUM RECIPE COMING THIS WEEK)
3) Decorating the tree! My Alex always makes me laugh, which is a big part of why I love him!! 🙂
4) Alex putting the star on the tree! I actually got this idea from my sister. A quick DIY project. I was in the dollar store and saw these star ornaments, and I thought it was a tree topper! It was so gorgeous that I decided to hot glue two of them together to make a topper of my own! Quick and easy, and you can do it with lots of different things!
5) I made Orange Peel Garland for our tree! It adds this gorgeou citrus scent to the air. That mixed with the pine tree, is just incredible! It’s quick and easy to make, too. Just take some peel, and cut or punch out the shapes you’d like. Use a needle and thread and connect them. String them on the tree!
6) Our Christmas Tree. All done and glowing ❤
7) Killer Hat, Man! We got a BIG snow storm here in New York last night. I got all geared up with my hat to brave the storm…and play in the snow, of course! 🙂
I hope you all enjoyed our week in pictures. We also went to see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug at Midnight, and I WISH we had pictures from that. It’s always a bit too dark for photos, though. What an incredible movie. I urge you all to see it!!
This week will be a big one for recipes on ApinchAdash.com!! I have SO many holiday themed recipes to share with you guys, and you’ll probably be seeing a new one (or two) every day this week! Stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping in to visit!
Follow me by email (the subscribe box is at the bottom of the page), or follow along on one of my other websites: